Ten things to do in Dayton this July
Our A&E editor put together a list of summer activities to check out in Dayton this month. Photo courtesy of Flyer News.
Maddy Bartsche | Arts & Entertainment Editor
There is something about summer that sparks a desire for adventure. The sunshine days are upon us, leaving us to look for some spontaneous summer fun. Look no further! Flyer News has you covered with 10 things to do in the Dayton area this July.
Click here to see upcoming games and purchase tickets. Lawn tickets start at just $9 each!
2) Riverscape Metropark Music & Food Trucks
Enjoy (free) live music Tuesday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Riverscape.
3) A Sense of Strength: Incredible Local Ladies from History at Asahel Wright House Museum, June 25 – July 8
Exhibit guests experience 200 years of local history through examining the lives of women who shaped Centerville history.
4) Dayton Air Show at Dayton International Airport, July 10 – 11
Stop by the show to see the world-renowned U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds, along with an amazing lineup of performers and aircraft display.
5) Block Party at the Greene, July 24
Starting at 6 p.m., enjoy food, drinks and live music from the featured band White Knuckle Weekend.
6) Lantern Festival at Countryside Park in Washington Township, July 30, 7 p.m. – 10 p.m
Release a lantern over the pond and enjoy delicious food truck treats.
7) Adventures on the Great Miami
If you enjoy kayaking, canyoning, tubing or rafting, Adventures on the Great Miami has got you covered. See here for rental prices.
8) Axe Throwing in Beavercreek
Try Dayton’s first axe throwing and bar venue.
9) Ritter’s Frozen Custard in Kettering
Enjoy one of the best custard shops in the Dayton area.
10) Second Street Market in Dayton
If you feel like trying your hand at cooking, head to Pinterest to find a new recipe and collect fresh produce at the market for your masterpiece. Through July 10, Second Street Market is open every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Starting July 17, the market will extend its hours of operation from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more arts & entertainment news, like Flyer News on Facebook and follow us on Twitter (@FlyerNews) and Instagram (@flyernews).