An otherwise sunny Friday at UD was punctuated by reports that a student was taken into custody around noon for allegedly assaulting a professor in Miriam Hall.
Here’s what we know:
- The University confirmed public safety “responded to reports of an assault in Miriam Hall” and “quickly took a student into custody” in an email sent to students at 3:00 p.m.
- Public safety officers responded to a professor in Miriam at 12:25 p.m. who “reported they were physically attacked,” according to WHIO.
- WHIO also reported an individual “was detained on East Stewart Street after a struggle.”
- No further demographic information about the professor or the student has been released at this time.
- Additionally, WHIO crew said a person was taken to a hospital in an ambulance.
- This took place on the third day of school for UD students who also are participating in Up the Orgs, a popular event where students can sign-up for clubs and extracurricular activities.
Photo taken from Butt Construction Company.